I've lived in the sixth district for my entire life. I’ve raised my children here, and I've been your voice in the New York State Senate for over 25 years. I'm proud of my record and my service to you.
Here are a few highlights of my legislative accomplishments since 2010:
- On-time budgets with no new taxes or fees.
- Middle-class income tax cut, lessening the burden for 4.4 million hardworking New Yorkers.
- 2% property tax cap.
- Rolled back the job-killing MTA Payroll Tax.
- 139,000 new private sector jobs; 14,800 on Long Island.
- Highway, bridge, and other critical infrastructure projects.
- Eliminated more than $13 billion in budget deficits without raising taxes or fees.
- Reduced year-to-year spending.
- Enacted key mandate relief measures (i.e. Pension Reforms) to curb spending at the local level.
- Reduced unnecessary bureaucracy through consolidation of government agencies.
Albany has come a long way in the past two years, but we’re not done. Drive down any road in the district; speak to your neighbors and friends about the economic climate in our state and in our country. It is so clear that there is much to be done. I am committed to working tirelessly for you to move our district forward.
Use this site to connect with other citizens who care about this work. Start by pledging to vote in the November election.
Will you help us? Are you in?